Digital Electronic Design Engineer
Alencon Systems LLC, an innovative power conversion company for alternative energy systems, has an immediate opening for the position Digital Electronic Design Engineer
As a member of Alencon’s cross-disciplinary engineering team, your primary responsibility will be the development of digital controls for power conversion devices residing on a wireless mesh network. The primary platforms for the controls are ARM Cortex-M0/M3/M4, PIC32 microcontrollers, Xilinx Spartan 6 FPGA family as well as PCB design with Altium PCB design software. You will be working with low level-peripheral drivers, protocol stacks, and applications that run 24/7 on cutting-edge power conversion equipment. We are looking for a creative self-starter who is excited by the prospect of working on mission-critical, distributed embedded systems, and contributing to our growing engineering culture.
This position represents a unique opportunity to work in the rapidly growing solar industry.
- B.S./M.S. degree in electrical engineering or a related field
- Proven record of competed production products
- 5+ years experience designing and testing digital and analog circuits
- 5+ years writing and debugging embedded microcontroller and FPGA software
- 5+ years in PCB design and use Altium PCB design software
- Proficiency with version control software (e.g. SVN, Git)
- Knowledge of communications protocols (TCP/IP, RS232/RS485, etc.)
- C programming
- U.S. work authorization – we are willing to sponsor
- Familiarity with power electronic switching
- Experience with TDD, automated testing or build automation
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Understanding of design patterns for reusable software
- Knowledge of utility scale photovoltaics (PV)
Alencon is involved in the design and manufacture of renewable energy harvesting systems and unique large-scale inverters ranging from 5 MW to 100 MW, for utility-scale photovoltaic (PV) systems and other power systems. Alencon's team members work in a creative and fast-paced environment, producing some of the most innovative power conversion equipment in the renewable energy industry. We offer competitive compensation and a fringe benefit package.
Flexible long-term career path may lead to certifications, project management, and leadership positions. Great opportunity for advancement.
Office located at:
330 S. Warminster Rd., Suite 380, Hatboro, PA 19040
Send resumes and inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org